Tuesday, October 27, 2015

IVF diary - Day one

Today was the first day of the ivf process and, to be honest, the injections were more difficult than I was expecting!

The whole thing took about twenty minutes - getting all the stuff ready, reading over my notes again, preparing the meds, psyching myself up and then injecting.

I was really nervous and when I tried to inject myself I did it too slowly and instead of breaking the skin it just hurt and bled, and I did that a few times before the injection went in, which is not the way to do it obviously. Also when I pushed the injection mixture down it really burned going in and was very unpleasant!  Maybe I'll try icing the area first tomorrow.

I hated the whole thing and was glad once it was done. How am I going to get through another week or so of this? I guess I'm just going to have to try to take it one day at a time and hopefully it will get easier. 


2 comments:

  1. Keeping a positive attitude is also part of the process, in order for the treatment to work. Don't think too much "how you are going to get through another week of this" It was the first day, it will get easier and in less time than you think, it will all be over. Sending positive vibes your way!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome