Monday, September 25, 2017

What I've been eating lately


Yes, I'm one of those annoying people who takes photos of their food in restaurants before eating! Anyway I thought I'd share pictures of some of the meals I've enjoyed lately while eating out or at home.


Firstly, pumpkin risotto. Yum. I'm a big fan of risotto. Love it with mushrooms or pumpkin in particular. This one was covered in lots of parmesan cheese too. (Meaning I had to take several lactase tablets but so worth it!) This was eaten an international restaurant chain with Italian cuisine, Vapiano.


Another time I had a burgerless burger with avocado sauce and salad. I generally love all things avocado. This was at another restaurant chain, though it's only in Germany as far as I know, called Hans im Glück (happy Hans!). I got the burger bunless as I wanted to avoid any gluten. I also didn't get any cheese as I was trying to be dairy free that day. It came with a vegan sauce.


At home I cooked a yummy vegan meal recently; butternut squash, lentil and spinach curry. I was loosely following this recipe and it turned out really well. Hubby said it was "delicious". The following day I used the leftover squash to make a carrot and butternut squash soup by basically throwing it into a pot along with ginger, onion, garlic, vegetable stock, italian herbs, turmeric and black pepper then using my smoothie maker to blend it once it was soft. I also added coconut milk so it would be creamy. That's a good cream alternative when you are dairy free.

I made myself a healthy salad one evening with rocket leaves, cocktail tomatoes, cucumber, walnuts, avocado and cheese. For the dressing I used olive oil, a little lemon juice and basil and oregano with black pepper.


My husband and I eat a lot of vegan meals as we try not to eat a large amounts of animal products. When we do eat meat, then ideally it's organic and not processed. This was gnocchi with mediterranean veg and rocket leaves at the vegan place in town.


I've got quite a sweet tooth. Dessert used to be my favourite course when I was younger! This is a gluten free carrot cake I enjoyed recently with a caffeine free cappuccino and soya milk.

10 comments:

  1. Looks yummy (I say as I eat my bowl of ramen noodles lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. MM, pumpkin risotto and butternut curry! I am so glad it's pumpkin everything time again!

    I am trying to eat fish twice a week, but I will make a vegetarian or began meal probably about 3 times a week. Often Jan will eat the vegetarian food I've made then snack on some dried meat (especially if he also had a meat-free lunch - two vegetarian meals in one day is too much to cope with, apparently ;-)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm a huge fan of pumpkin, squash and risotto! Pumpkin season is so fun. Oh yes, I love fish too. I know a lot of people like that who have to have meat at least once a day whereas for me a few times a week is plenty.

      Delete
  3. That food looks so good! I'm also one of those people that takes photos of their food and posts them. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering whether the pictures I took did the meals justice! Photographing food is an artform which I haven't really mastered despite all the practice. I like seeing what other people eat for some reason too.

      Delete
  4. i am totally one of those people too and i don't care! i love seeing what people really eat, you know? that curry looks AMAZING. i love risotto too! yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm always curious about what sort of things other people eat too! Yeah the curry was really good and I'm a big risotto fan too :)

      Delete
  5. Oh wow, this all looks delicious. Pumpkin risotto is a great idea, that will be coming up at the weekend. I like this time of year before the winter hits and the veg gets a bit dull. Butternut is SO good. And porcini mushrooms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the pumpkin went really well with the risotto! I agree, it's such a nice season with squash and pumpkin etc, lots of nice food choices. Yes to porcini mushrooms too!

      Delete

Comments are welcome