Friday, April 29, 2016

Here we go again

I had my baseline today which is what the initial IVF appointment is known as. Everything looks good, and I've no cysts so I'm ready to start. Tomorrow I'll begin with the injections. Similar to last time, two each day alternating sides. I have the "decapeptyl" again but this time also "Menogon". The latter will be the trickier one as it involves mixing four vials of powder and two liquid.

I went to the pharmacy after my appointment with Dr. Direct and collected all the boxes. Wow, it's a lot! Also it cost nearly a grand altogether. And that's not even everything, I'll be getting a separate prescription for the progesterone at a later stage. It will all be worth it if it works of course!


I am feeling a mixture of excitement and apprehension. Excitement that I am giving myself the best possible odds at getting pregnant in several weeks time, all goes well, which would be amazing! However apprehension and nervousness mainly about just having to go through the whole emotional rollercoaster again with no guarantee of a happy ending.

2 comments:

Comments are welcome