Thanks so much for the nomination! Here goes...
- What do you mostly blog about?
I mainly blog about what it's like being an Irish expat living in Germany - learning the language, fitting in, experiencing German culture, dealing with homesickness. However I also write about my life in general with my German husband, nicknamed the GerMann. And I love to travel so I like to blog about some of the trips we've taken.
- What is the best city you have travelled to and what are your recommended ‘must sees’ in that city?
We recently spent a few days in Dresden and I definitely found it worth a visit. We drove to Sächsische Schweiz and went on a fun hike there. The sights from the top were breath taking and the area itself was very pretty. And in the center of Dresden the Neustadt and Altstadt are separated by the river and both completely different and worth seeing in their own right. The old town was beautiful and the new town was cool with lots of quirky bars.
- What 3 items do you always pack on a trip?
Let's see... my smart phone, usually with the local map downloaded, some comfortable walking shoes as I enjoy exploring new places by foot to get a sense of them, and one fancy outfit in case we go out to a nice place some evening!
- What is the best meal you’ve ever had and where did you have it?
That's really hard to answer! I've had lots of great meals but difficult to pick one in particular. Italian cuisine is my favourite and when I travelled to Rome with my family a few years ago I remember eating some really delicious food there - pizza and pasta!
- Which destination is on your ‘must see’ list? Why?
Barcelona, as I've heard from lots of people it's really worth a visit and that it has beautiful architecture and design. And I love visiting Spain. It strikes me as a place that has the best of both worlds- lovely beaches for relaxing in the sun, but also lots of culture.
- What’s your favourite way to spend a free weekend afternoon?
Meeting up with some good friends for a chat over tea and cakes, going for a stroll around the town and then afterwards having a date night with the GerMann, maybe dinner and a movie
- Who would you pick to go on a cross-country road trip with you? Why?
My sister! I don't get to see her often enough since moving to Germany and it would be nice to spend some quality time together. She's good fun to travel with and we could share the driving.
- What are your blogging goals for the coming year?
To make more time for blogging and to take part in the monthly #ExpatLifeLinky.
- What’s your favourite blog post that you’ve written? Please share the link!
After about a year living in Germany I wrote a post called What sort of expat are you when I was coming to terms with integrating into my new life in Germany.
- What’s a new blogging skill that you’ve learned recently?
To focus on one main topic or theme per blog post and organize my thoughts better.
My nominations are:
- Around the wherever
- Nearly Irish
- Starting over in Stuttgart
- California Globetrotter
- Diary of sugar and spice
- Three sons later
- Everyone else but me
- Allie and the German
- Expat eye on Germany
And now the questions;
1. Which celebrity would you like to invite to tea?
2. What do you normally blog about (link to some posts)?
3. Any good movies you watched recently you could recommend?
4. Likewise, any good book recommendation?
5. What meals can you cook well?
6. What is you favourite dessert?
7. If you could have a fictional character as a best friend, who would you choose?
8. If you won the lotto, what's the first thing you would spend the money on?
9. Who would play you in a movie?
10. What makes you laugh?