Monday, February 27, 2023

Never ending winter #MicroblogMonday



A friend shared this image with me recently and it made me chuckle. The weather has been so up and down lately. We had some quite warm days the other week where it even reached 17 degrees (62 Fahrenheit) and was lovely and sunny! I noticed lots of flowers had started to bloom - pretty snow drops and crocuses, and I started getting my hopes up that the coldest winter days were already behind us.

However it all changed again and now today it's a chilly -2 (28 Fahrenheit) with a bitter wind. There was even some snow falling yesterday! I am very much ready for winter to be over and for Spring to arrive.

5 comments:

  1. HAHAHA! I have to steal that image. Hilarious! Fool's Spring indeed. But I think my favorite is Spring....of deception. :) We just had a major snow dump but then it's raining tomorrow. We keep getting tiny glimpses of pretty snow winter but mostly brown and gray mud season. Blergh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's this awkward inbetween time where the seasons can't make up their mind! I'm looking forward to being able to pack away my winter coat

      Delete
  2. I love this too. I feel that, in my city, we sometimes get Summer of Deception, and sometimes that's all we get! This year, I hope we are getting pretend autumn, and that second summer is coming back and definitely that it is going to last longer than a week! (We had 17 degs a couple of days ago - in the middle of Supposed Summer.)

    Sigh. How can it be almost March already? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February is super short this year! Hope you will get a second Summer

      Delete
  3. See, what you describe sounds like spring to me and heavenly. LOL. But, our version of winter does not want to let go over here. We have been getting snow and -20C. To me winter ends March 1, because I really want it to end then. I feel personally offended by the continued snow and cold. However, the days are longer and brighter and the birds are singing despite the cold. So spring really is coming, just I wish it would come faster.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome