The rules of the One Lovely blog award are;
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate other people (15 at most)
- Tell your nominees the good news!
So let's see, seven things about me...
1) I'm not particularly adventurous. I enjoy things like reading and going to the cinema as opposed to extreme sports. However, I surprised everyone during my year of travel by pushing myself outside of my comfort zone and even doing a skydive in New Zealand! It was a cool experience for sure. That said, I'm not in a big rush to do another one now I've ticked it off my bucket list!
2) I remember most of my dreams. Occasionally I even have somewhat lucid ones where I have some control over what happens. When that occurs I'll usually try to do something cool like flying. I have a recurring bad dream about a tsunami coming towards me which I often have when I'm feeling overwhelmed by things.
3) I saw Mel Gibson when he was over in Ireland filming Braveheart! He got out of a sports car with a female companion and walked towards the national art gallery. His hair was long. I also saw Kevin Spacey when he was in Ireland filming Ordinary Decent Criminal. It was during my Summer holidays from college and I also got to be an extra walking in the background during one scene. Though I've watched the film and didn't actually see myself so maybe it was cut. Ah well!
4) I can't get enough Karaoke. I can't sing but I love it all the same! When I was about 12 I even had a karaoke party! I had a kid microphone and several video tapes with 80s songs you could sing along to such as Material girl. I also love to dance.
5) In fact I had quite a few "themed" parties over the years. For my 18th birthday I had a murder mystery dinner party. Everyone had to come as a character and had a rough script to follow and then at the end we attempted to guess who the 'murderer' was.
6) Classical studies was my favourite subject in school. We learnt about Greek and Roman mythology and read The Odyssey. What wasn't to like? I had a great teacher which also helped.
7) English is my first language. Irish would probably be my second given I started learning it from a young age in school (like most Irish children do). Ever since moving to Germany, along with the fact I hardly have opportunities to us it any more, I've lost a lot of the language which is a pity. German seems to have replaced it in my brain! I also learned French in school and know a little bit.
So there you have it. I'm not sure how interesting that was, but those were the only things I could think of on the spot!
I would like to nominate the following blogs;
Tsunami dreams are the worst! I have one at least once a year. Or some sort of end of the world dream.ReplyDelete
yeah they are really scary! You know something really bad is about to happen but are powerless to stop it.Delete
You are much more interesting than me!ReplyDelete
ah no, I'm not. You've lots of interesting stories too :)Delete
oh man, if i had a dream with a tsunami in it, i'd wake up crying. legit fear for sure. my recurring nightmares have the guy from hocus pocus in it.. you know the one, with his mouth all stitched up? i'm not even kidding either.ReplyDelete
i would love to skydive. we are going to NZ in a couple of months and my husband is firmly against it lol. we'll see!
oh gosh, that guy from hocus pocus sounds really scary. I would hate to see someone like that in a dream! Normally I wake up before the water actually hits me in the tsunami dream or just after and it just feels like floating for awhile. I do wake up in a shock though! Oh yeah, you should try to convince your husband to go skydiving. It's not as scary as people imagine! It is so high up that it sort of feels unreal.Delete
It is lovely to learn a bit more about you :-). I loved classical studies, too. Especially when we went to Rome to see all the ancient ruins...ReplyDelete
Aw thanks! Oh yeah I love going to ancient Roman sites and learning about how the people used to live back then, really interesting!Delete
Thanks for the shout out! I LOVE that you had a murder mystery party! I may suggest that to my husband for my next birthday!ReplyDelete
haha, yeah a murder mystery party is a lot of fun!Delete
Hey, Dubs: Sorry it took me so long to write. Thank you so much for the shout-out, that's so sweet, I really appreciate it, your support, and friendship. #5 - how cool! I enjoyed getting to know you better.ReplyDelete
Yea I found it interesting learning more about you during your lovely blog award post too :)Delete
Thank you for nominating me. It'll probably take me a little while to answer, but I will do so eventually. I'll answer your questions. ^^ReplyDelete
no problem! It'll take me awhile to answer your sunshine blogger questions too :)Delete
You are so lovely. I look forward to doing my post in response! Haha re karaoke. I LOVE it too! If I had it my way I would not let go of the mic. I want it all to myself. And no I can't sing either haha. xxxReplyDelete
Great, I'm looking forward to learning some interesting facts about you! Funny about the kareoke! I think it's meant for people like us who can't really sing :) xDelete
My favorite dreams are always the ones where I'm flying :)ReplyDelete
Yeah it's a cool experience! I've had flying dreams get scary though if suddenly you can't fly anymore and start falling. Though usually I wake up thenDelete
Just stopping by to say hello!XOReplyDelete
haha, thanks for stopping by :) xDelete