Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Shortlisted #LWIBloggies2016

Today I had a happy surprise when I found out my blog made the shortlist in the Irish blog awards in the Diaspora category. It's always nice getting some positive feedback! There are lots of great blogs linked on the site worth checking out and you can vote for your favourites here.



I started this blog six years ago when I decided to move to Germany. It was quite an adjustment for me at the beginning dealing with culture shock and life as an expat, learning German and making friends but I really like living here now. The south of Germany is a great base for travelling and I love all the various festivals and traditions. And now since we have recently bought a house, I guess it looks like I'm here to stay!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the nomination. I hope you win :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What a great feeling to be honored for your writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations ! I didn't get shortlisted this year unfortunately, but you'll have my vote for sure:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I love your blog, don't know how you didn't make the shortlist!

      Delete
  4. Hey congratulations on that! Has the deadline for voting already passed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think the deadline passed already, it was really short actually! No worries thanks anyway :)

      Delete
  5. Congratulations from me, too :-)! I tried to vote, but I guess I am too late...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you! Yes the vote was only open for a week I think. Ah well

      Delete

Comments are welcome